The Scotiabank International Account Opening Program
provides you with an opportunity to securely wire up to $50,000
CAD to your bank account in Canada before you arrive, providing
you with both proof of funds and peace of mind.
To be eligible to apply for a Scotiabank account online,
- be an individual who has been approved to come to Canada
as a Permanent Resident, International Student or Foreign Worker
- Must be a minimum of 13 years of age to apply (Note: Applicants planning to reside in the province of Quebec must be the age of majority to apply)
- be coming to Canada within 18 months from the date of
- not be coming to Canada on a tourist/visitor visa
- not be opening an account on behalf of a third party
You will need the following information with you:
- Your passport
- Your date of arrival in Canada
- Your Canadian Visa/Landing Document Number
For questions, please contact us and a Scotiabank
representative will be happy to help.
If you apply for a Scotiabank account through this
application, you will be consenting to receiving the terms and
conditions and other documents, as applicable, in electronic
format. The documents will be available at the end of your
application. Please print or electronically save a copy of each
document for your records.